RISE ABOVE THE FRAY: A TALK ON DEALING WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE AT WORK
Dealing with Difficult People at Work Speaker in the Philippines
How to co-exist with other people
Six (6) Most Difficult People to Deal With at Work
- The Suck-ups
- The Slaves of the Policy
- Mr & Ms. Two-Face
- The World Revolves Around Me
- The Bully
FIGHT OR FLIGHT?
- A.I.R.A. (Address It Right Away)
How to We Deal With Them?
- Deal with yourself first
- Root-Cause Analysis
- Consult your boss
- Approach the person
- Separate the person from the issue
- Verbal – What to say
- Vocal – How to say what to say
- Visual – How to look when saying what to say
- Verbal – What to Say
- Warm up first.
- Cut to the chase but use the sandwich approach.
- Listen more than you speak.
- Request. Don’t Demand. Suggest. Don’t Command.
- Avoid trigger words.
- Vocal – How to Sound
- Sound humble and modest but firm and sincere.
- Visual – How to Look
- Body Language
- Meet halfway.
- Follow through.
- Get a go-between to intervene.
Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Wise people ignore.