Look into the company Ms of Management below and identify how culture is going to be built from, with, to, and in these aspects and determine the learning and development needs of the first-line, middle, and top management levels to correct, replace, enhance, or add on to their cognition, competencies, and character to help the company realize its vision, carry out its mission, and embody its values.
- Manpower (human resources)
- Machine (technology, infrastructure, etc.)
- Management (including structure)
- Method (plan, process, procedure, policies, and system)
- Measurement (both people, product, and process)
OUR CULTURE BUILDING APPROACH: LEARN IT, LOVE IT, LIVE IT, AND LOCK IT
STAGE ONE: LEARN IT
Step One: Understand the culture-building need
- Why is there a culture-building need?
- Is this a new culture, a reinforced culture, or a modified culture?
Step Two: Evaluate the past
- What’s about the culture or in it that…
- has been working?
- has not been working?
- did not work?
- the decision-makers knew might/would work but did not implement or are not implementing?
- the decision-makers knew might/would not work but still implemented or are implementing anyways?
Step Three: Review the company’s vision, mission, values, and other principles and align the Ms of Management with them
- To realize the company’s vision, does the current culture promote, cultivate, and support a working environment pursuant to it?
- What kind of culture has the company established where people are educated, equipped, encouraged, engaged, entertained, empowered, exemplified, and escorted to success to role-model the vision, mission, and values and influence other organizations to do the same?
- The components that form an organization’s corporate culture will be critiqued and validated through:
- Observations with checklists/feedback forms
- Diagnostic Sensing Interviews with employees
- Consultations with division/department heads
- Review and critique of all Ms of Management across functions and at all levels
STAGE TWO: LOVE IT
It is not enough that all employees know and understand the company’s culture (What?). They must also realize and appreciate it. During communication/cascading strategies, all employees must be made to realize and appreciate WIIFM (What’s In It For Them?) and the purpose of the culture (Why?). This way, they will love the culture and will protect it, promote it, and preserve it.
Step Four: Communicate/cascade the desired corporate culture to all stakeholders
Like in Change Management, we are going to build a team who will drive and sustain the corporate enculturation of all stakeholders led and managed by a Culture Ambassador and his/her allies and advocates.
This team will sit down and formulate the most effective and cost-efficient communication strategies and channels to enculturate everyone while removing barriers to implementation.
STAGE THREE: LIVE IT
During the completed culture-building and enculturation of everyone, the new status quo must be monitored, evaluated, and endlessly corrected or enhanced to ensure sustainability and maintenance.
STAGE FOUR: LOCK IT
To assure preservation and permanence, the Culture Ambassador together with his/her coalition must make it a point that the culture built reflects in all aspects or the organization namely:
Secondly, this stage guarantees that moving forward, the desired corporate culture is nurtured and evolved for years to come.