WE DON’T SELL. WE COUN’SELL’.
A One-day Corporate EnterTrainment on Face-to-Face Selling in the Philippines
One of the most challenging professions in the world is selling products and/or services face to face. Even if a sales employee (agent, etc.) knows about the ins and outs of a product or a service, if he doesn’t have the COGNITION, COMPETENCIES, and CHARACTER to magnetize the potential buyer towards him/her and his/her product/service, a sale is difficult to be made.
Selling is a form of communication and communication involves VERBAL and NON-VERBAL cues. Therefore, a sales employee must know what to say or respond with, how to sound or come across, and how to look. However, it’s not enough that a sales employee possesses the GIFT OF GAB, so to speak. Since thinking precedes speaking and acting, a sales staff must also be armed with understanding his potential buyer and his/her need and framing one of the best responses he can come up with.
This one-day Corporate EnterTrainment balances sellers’ knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitude by equipping them with both spoken and non-spoken strategies and techniques to convince a buyer to buy, the bottom line of every/any sales interaction.
By the end of this ENTERTRAINING learning experience, the participants should be able to:
- Discover and understand how a buyer thinks in general and how he can use this identification to establish connection
- Listen and respond effectively to ensure a communication in which the buyer’s expectations are met by the seller’s verbal, vocal, and visual approaches
- Love one’s job of selling to produce more desired results which also benefit from one in the long run
MODULE I: UNDERSTANDING THE BUYER’S PSYCHOLOGY
- How Customers Think
- I’m just looking around
- I’ll come back when I have money
- I like it but it’s expensive
- I have money but
- Empathetic Analysis: The Astral Projection Analogy
MODULE II: WHEN STRANGERS CONNECT: THE POWER OF BUILDING RAPPORT
- Leveraging Small Talk Without Getting Too Personal
- It’s All About Trust
MODULE III: WE DON’T SELL. WE COUNSELL: CONSULTATIVE APPROACH IN SALES
- Listening Actively Does the Trick
- Asking the Right Questions
- Personalize Your Response and Solutions
- Upselling and Cross-selling
MODULE IV: THE ROLE OF ASSERTIVENESS IN EFFECTIVE SELLING
- What to Say (Verbal): The Power of Positive Framing
- How to Say It (Vocal): The Theatrics of Face-to-Face Selling
- How to Look (Visual): Influencing through Body Language
- Building Confidence: A Critical Sales Competency
MODULE V: OVERCOMING OBJECTIONS AND EFFECTIVE PERSUASION
- Understanding Customers’ Needs Strategically
- Distinguishing Among Objections
- Best Practices in Dealing with Objections