MEASURE YOUR SUCCESS, MANAGE YOUR PROGRESS: A KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS OR KPIs TRAINING IN THE PHILIPPINES
A Corporate EnterTrainment on Key Performance Indicators, KPIs, or Metrics Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
Peter Drucker, a renowned Austrian-born American management consultant, educator, and author in the 20th century said numerous times something like this.
We can’t manage what we can’t or don’t measure.
Change or progress is a movement from one point or state to another. To determine if there is any movement or development at all, in this case a change or progress, measurement is then needed to both quantify and then qualify if any form of difference or improvement has been made.
In any business or career endeavor, all of us expect that in anything we do or say, individual, team, or organizational expectations are met or better yet, exceeded in the form of moving, changing, or progressing bases of performance.
This is precisely the reason we match numbers with anything that we put our hands on.
If we give importance to change, progress, or simply making and showing a difference, this is as much importance as we provide to measuring this same difference.
Key Performance Indicators or simply KPIs or business measures are exactly the numbers with which we gauge any form of change, progress, or improvement. An organization, for-profit or otherwise, who is highly concerned about making a difference and attaining the very goals and objectives it was built for, leverage these metrics to determine whether it’s on the right track, almost at its destination, or lost somewhere.
This one-day in-house corporate training in the Philippines aims to train and coach the target participants on understanding further what Key Performance Indicators or KPIs are, appreciating their role in business and employee performance management, and designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating them to help determine the organization’s progress, success, or failure.
By the end of this one-day Corporate EnterTrainment, the participants should have already known, understood, and appreciated Key Performance Indicators or KPIs and are then prepared to design, finalize, implement, and constantly monitor them afterwards.
To attain the goal above, the participants ought to:
- Know, understand, and appreciate Key Performance Indicators or KPIs, what they are for, how important they are in any organization, and all their ramifications.
- Develop, critique, and improve their initial Key Performance Indicators or KPIs draft using best practices
- Be familiar with and try Key Performance Indicators or KPI reporting using known Key Performance Indicators or KPI templates.
MODULE ONE: FUNDAMENTALS OF KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- What is a Key Performance Indicator or KPI?
- Why are they important?
- What are the different types of a Key Performance Indicator or KPI?
MODULE TWO: ADOPTING THE MENTALITY IN ASCERTAINING KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Factors or aspects that affect business events or activities
- Business events or activities that produce business results
- Business indicators that identify positive or negative business results
- Positive or negative business results themselves
MODULE THREE: HOW TO DESIGN/DEVELOP KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
- Start with the organizational goals and objectives
- Start from scratch or take off from existing?
- Revisit the company’s vision, mission, and values
- Consider recent strategic, tactical, and operational planning
- Backtrack on historical organizational performance
- Critique and then C.R.E.A.T.E. (Correct, Replace, Add on to, Tweak, or Enhance) Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
- Develop KPIs from Previous Information
- Utilizing S.M.A.R.T.E.R. in Improving KPIs
- Narrow down and across to
- Strategies to Operations
- Yearly to Monthly
- Organization to Divisions/Departments/Teams
- Design specific metrics/measures (Only Overview)
- Critique vs CSFs
- The As of Effective KPIs
MODULE FOUR: HOW TO PREPARE A KE PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIS) REPORT
- Parts of a KPI Template
- Owner Comments
This Corporate EnterTrainment is skills-based. Therefore, engaging interactive discussions to elaborate on concepts will be facilitated but the program will revolve around individual and/or group exercises to apply immediately how to design KPIs.