A Corporate EnterTRAINment on Rational Decision Making
In business or at work, it is very important that organizational members, both executives and rank-and-file alike, must know, understand, appreciate, and apply the process involved in arriving at sound business decisions that shall define and dictate the future of the company.
Through this EnterTRAINment on Rational Decision Making, the participants shall be able to master the process or the action steps to be taken to make insightful and useful work-related decisions.
By the end of this learning experience, the participants should have been able to:
- Acquaint oneself with the fundamentals of rational decision making including what it means, how it’s different from non-rational decision making, and the like
- Initiate applying rational decision making by familiarizing oneself with the standard process through immediate application exercises/workshops.
MODULE ONE: FUNDAMENTALS OF RATIONAL DECISION MAKING
This module shall focus on the participants first understanding what Rational Decision-Making is.
- What is Rational Decision Making?
- Assumptions of Rational Decision Making
- Difference between Rational and Non-Rational Decision Making
- Characteristics of Rational Decision Making
- Pros and Cons of Rational Decision making
MODULE TWO: THE RATIONAL DECISION-MAKING PROCESS
This module shall walk the participants through the process of making decisions rationally with workshops for immediate application.
- Step One: Present and Study the Data
- Step Two: Define the Issue and the Problem
- Step Three: Set a Goal
- Step Four: Identify the Criteria for Evaluating the Alternatives
- Step Five: Determine the Alternatives
- Step Six: Analyze the Alternatives
- Step Seven: Choose the Best Alternative and Make a Decision
- Step Eight: Implement the Decision
- Step Nine: Evaluate the Outcome
- Step Ten: Gain insights
To provide EnterTRAINment, the learning experience shall make use of the following:
- Interactive discussions
- Immediate application exercises and activities
- Objectives-related/oriented icebreakers and energizers
- Media usage (videos, etc.)
- Case studies
- EnterTRAINment at its BEST!