LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE
A Corporate EnterTrainment on Strategic Thinking in the Philippines
All organizations must face a moment when they must pause and critique where they’re at, how far they’ve gone, what they’ve done, and where they go from where they’re at. Unless this is done, companies become trapped in the daily routine of doing what they ought to do not realizing whether it must still be done or not or whether they’re still well on their way to achieving their vision, carrying out their mission, and living by their core work values.
Top executives and even heads of different departments must possess this type of thinking or ability to climb up to a vantage and look at the entire landscape once more as opposed to just traveling non-stop. This way, they can assess whether they’re on the right track or already getting lost.
This type of thinking is called Strategic or Big-Picture Thinking. This two-day Corporate EnterTrainment aims to train the target beneficiaries on the needed cognition, competencies, and character required to think strategically.
By the end of this learning experience, the participants should’ve been able know, understand, appreciate, and apply Strategic Thinking and use this cognitive ability or mental process to solve recurring business problems and enhance the company’s capabilities to improve better in the market and to perform more effectively as a company and as individual departments forming the whole.
DAY ONE (DAY 1)
MODULE I: STRATEGIC THINKING ESSENTIALS
- What is Strategic Thinking?
- Strategy and Thinking
- As a mental process or cognitive ability
- As an individual or group activity
- Top Competencies used in Strategic Thinking
- Role of Strategic Thinking in Strategic Business Decision-Making
- Performance Critique
- Feedback Solicitation
- Competitive Analysis
- Industry Assessment
- Known Frameworks in Strategic Thinking
- Chamberlain’s Theory of Strategy
- Liedtka’s Strategic Thinking Model
MODULE II: MACROMANAGEMENT AND STRATEGIC THINKING
- What is Macromanagement?
- Focus on the whole and not on the parts
- Focus on the future and not on the present
- Focus on the strategic and not on the tactical
MODULE III: THE STRATEGIC THINKING PROCESS
- Take a step back and look at the big picture.
- Revisit the company’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Look back at the recent goals, strategies, and actions
- Ask the strategic questions:
- What are the key aspects and issues that we’re facing?
- What’s happening outside of or around us?
- Where should we go from here? Where do we want to be?
- Taking the next step.
DAY TWO (DAY 2)
MODULE IV: RENOWNED STRATEGIC THINKING TOOLS
- Environmental Scanning
- PEST Analysis
- PESTLE Analysis
- Scenario Planning
- Goals Grid
- SWOT Analysis
- The TOWS Matrix
- The Ansoff Matrix
MODULE V: HOW TO DEVELOP AND ENHANCE STRATEGIC THINKING ABILITY
- Developing Strategic Thinking
- Shifting Paradigm
- Challenging the Status Quo
- Solving the Puzzle
- Establishing Connections
- Going out in the open
- Enhancing Strategic Thinking
MODULE VI: COMPANY-EMPLOYEE ALIGNMENT
- Shared Vision-Mission-Values
- The Three Cs of Employee Responsibility and Accountability
To ensure a very educating, equipping, encouraging, engaging, entertaining, empowering, and exemplifying learning experience, the participants shall be made to appreciate:
- Interactive Discussions
- Sharing of Experiences
- Video Watching and Reflection
- Case Studies/Scenarios Analysis
- ENTERTRAINMENT at its best!