IT’S ALL ABOUT CONNECTION
A Corporate EnterTRAINment on Effective Managerial Communication
A lot of managers assume that for as long as they are in authority, communicating what they need or want and getting a positive response from their staff is automatic. This is not the case.
The reason words like insubordination, disengagement, disrespect, distrust, etc. exist in the dictionary is there are some employees who voluntarily or involuntarily detach themselves from their superior for one reason or another.
Therefore, it is important that a supervisor or manager knows how to communicate with their team and each individual better so the desired results are attained without tarnishing relationships and sacrificing professionalism.
This learning experience provides the beneficiaries the cognition, competences and most importantly, the character that they must possess to become effective managerial communicators.
At the end of this EnterTRAINing experience, the participants should’ve been able to:
- Develop or enhance their Emotional Intelligence (EI) or Emotional Quotient (EQ) so they can be or can be more sensitive in dealing with their subordinates and have full control of their own emotions or feelings
- Understand how and when to put themselves in their subordinates’ shoes so they can communicate better and be understood better just as well
- Leverage different communication styles after understanding thoroughly their subordinate’s communicator profiles
- Resolve conflicts professionally and maturely as another form of communicating with their subordinates during tough times and tougher relationship challenges
- Engage their staff better so as to overcome individual, team, and departmental challenges and arrive at the most objectives-responsive decisions that benefit all stakeholders
- Communicate more professionally by mastering Assertive Communication
- Delegate much more effectively by applying the best practices in sharing responsibilities
- Differentiate Motivation and Inspiration and maximize the purpose and benefits of both
MODULE ONE: EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUIRES EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Why is Emotional Intelligence Needed in Managerial Communication?
- How to Improve One’s Emotional Intelligence
MODULE TWO: IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO – THE ROLE OF EMPATHETIC COMMUNICATION
- What is Empathetic Communication?
- Why is Empathetic Communication Needed in Managerial Communication?
- How is Empathetic Communication Done? The As of Empathy
- Ask or Analyze
MODULE THREE: THERE ARE DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS – COMMUNICATION STYLES 101
- The Passives and How to Communicate to them Better
- The Aggressives and How to Communicate to them Better
- The Assertives and How to Communicate to them Better
MODULE FOUR: BEST PRACTICES IN DELEGATION, GIVING INSTRUCTIONS, OR SHARING RESPONSIBILITIES
- When to Delegate and Not to Delegate
- The As of Effective Delegation
MODULE FIVE: WHEN THINGS GO WRONG: FUNDAMENTALS OF RESOLVING INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM CONFLICTS
- Common Root Causes of Individual and Team Conflicts
- The Dual Concern Model in Resolving Conflicts
MODULE SIX: THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO COMMUNICATE IS TO ENGAGE EMPLOYEES
- The True Meaning of Employee Engagement
- Best Practices in Involving Subordinates Actively
MODULE SEVEN: LEVERAGING ASSERTIVE COMMUNICATION
- What is Assertive Communication?
- Why is Communicating Assertively Needed?
- Basics of Assertive Communication
We shall let the participants experience an EnterTRAINING learning where there are:
- Objectives-related icebreakers and energizers
- Interactive discussions
- Media usage (videos and audios)
- Immediate application exercises
- EnterTRAINment at its best!