Ethics in the Workplace
A Corporate EnterTRAINment on Work Ethics
A Work Ethics Training in the Philippines
One of the primary reasons a company flourishes is when it has employees that possess what we call an ‘Owner’s Mentality’. Owner’s mentality is that type of thinking or mental process through which an employee operates a company or department like it is his/her own.
Because it takes ownership of the business, the employee then has that high and strong level of integrity or work ethics, the sense of what is right and wrong, and shall never let the company or the department struggle or go bankrupt because of one’s actions.
This EnterTRAINment integrates into the target employees’ knowledge, skills, and attitude sets WORK ETHICS.
By the end of this learning experience, the participants should have been able to:
- Understand what WORK ETHICS means and what benefits and even drawbacks it offers if it is positive or negative;
- Initiate WORK ETHICS with a top-down process; meaning the change starts with the organization and its owners and top managers before it is influenced down to the rank-and-file employees;
- Develop that SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG and strengthen one’s INTEGRITY;
- Initiate promoting, communicating, and sustaining WORK ETHICS among employees to help achieve the company’s VISION, MISSION, AND CORE VALUES.
MODULE 1: EVERYTHING WE MUST KNOW ABOUT WORK ETHICS
This module shall revolve around what exactly is ‘Work Ethics’ and the benefits or advantages and drawbacks or disadvantages of having and not having the right work ethics.
- What is Work?
- What is Ethics?
- What is Work Ethics?
- Organizational Benefits of Having the Right Work Ethics
- The Critical Organizational Drawbacks of Having the Wrong Work Ethics
MODULE 2: BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE
This module shall focus on the fact that before the top management can expect or require their people to correct or enhance their work ethics, they should first assess their own work ethics. We have a saying that goes, ‘We can’t share what we don’t have’. How can we expect something from our own people if we don’t possess what we want to lecture them about first?
- Self-Critique: Change Work Ethics Inside First and Then Outwards
- Assessing the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values
- Assessing the Company’s Corporate Culture
- Assessing the Company’s Management Quality (Attitude)
MODULE 3: WHO OR WHAT CREATES OR CHANGES OUR WORK ETHICS?
This module shall emphasize that our work ethics is not only governed by the big and small worlds we live in but also by the people, situations, and surroundings that have molded and made permanent how we view world, life, the people around us, and our purpose on this world.
- Analyzing Surroundings: Sustaining Work Ethics Change
- What have our parents made us believe?
- What have our neighbors made us believe?
- What have our friends and peers made us believe?
- What have our society/community made us believe?
- What have we made ourselves believe?
MODULE 4: SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG: APPRECIATING THE RIGHT and CRITICIZING THE WRONG
After performing a root cause analysis of the factors that bring about a person’s work ethics, this module shall reinforce it buy making the participants analyze at this point whether they have a sense of right and wrong. Then, the facilitator will make them realize both the negative impact towards self and others of possessing the wrong work ethics and realize and appreciate positive impact towards self and others, on the other hand, of possessing the right ones.
- Studying Cases on Work Ethics Issues
- Correcting and Enhancing One’s Work Ethics in the Workplace
MODULE 5: FOSTERING WORK ETHICS IN THE WORKPLACE
It is every employee’s responsibility to not only correct and enhance one’s work ethics but also those of others. This module shall center on creating ambassadors among the participants and making the right and proper work ethics contagious in the workplace an advocacy.
To provide a one-day EnterTRAINment, the learning experience shall make use of the following:
- Interactive discussions
- Immediate application exercises and activities
- Objectives-related/oriented icebreakers and energizers
- Media usage (videos, etc.)
- Case studies
- EnterTRAINment at its BEST!