RESPECT IN THE WORKPLACE TRAINING IN THE PHILIPPINES
A Corporate EnterTRAINment on Respect in the Workplace
“Respect is the glue that holds teams and organizations together.” This is very true in organizations and among people nowadays. For the company to be successful in realizing its vision, carrying out its mission, and living its values, there has to be a sincere and effective communication among members of the organization.
However, it is lacking or weak if the people lack or don’t have respect towards one another and what they do at all. Most of the organizations have this as a central value because without respect, there can be no trust and without trust, people will falter in their problem solving and decision making that needs people to take effect well.
This one-day learning experience reinforces the importance of respect of people and their work in any organization for it to be results-oriented and success-bound.
- It bridges the disparity between theories and application and classroom learning and work application;
- It is fun, interactive, unique, and interesting;
- It has activities and/or exercises both for entertainment and application values and purposes.
By the end of this one-day learning experience, the participants should have realized, appreciated, and learned to value respect in the workplace and apply it in their daily activities.
MODULE ONE: HOW EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT: EQ) CONTRIBUTES TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND RESPECT
- Emotional Intelligence 101
- The Role of Nonverbals in Determining and Managing One’s and Others’ Emotions and Feelings
- How to Improve Emotional Intelligence
MODULE TWO: PROMOTING AND EXCELLING IN DIVERSITY: KEY TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND RESPECT
- Coping with Individual Differences
- Learning Styles
- Communication Approaches
- Working Preferences
- Role of Sensitivity
- The Vs of Effective Communication
MODULE THREE: PHILIPPINE LAWS THAT PROMOTE RESPECT IN THE WORKPLACE AND THEIR APPLICATION IN THE WORKPLACE
- Republic Act 9710: The Magna Carta for Women
- Rights and Empowerment
- Institutional Mechanisms
- Republic Act 7877: The Sexual Harassment Act of 1995
- Contextual Definition of Sexual Harassment
- Forms of Sexual Harassment
- Coverage of the Act
- Procedures to Follow in Harassment
- Administrative Handling of Cases
MODULE FOUR: ALIGNING EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATION WITH THE ORGANIZATION’S CORPORATE VALUES/PRINCIPLES
- The Core Values in the Context of Respect