Synergize, Energize, Optimize
A Corporate EnterTRAINment on Cooperating through Communication
A Cooperating through Communication Training in the Philippines
This training program is intended to share with them the concept of effective communication based on the communication framework. It also allows them to appreciate its significance by educating them on the positive results it contributes among employees and other stakeholders.
Lastly, it makes them realize that they are better off avoiding and discouraging interpersonal and interdepartmental conflicts by putting them in experiences that open their eyes to the benefits that can be gained when employees communicate effectively despite differences.
By the end of this learning experience, the participants should have been able to:
- Know more and deeply about one another to understand their personalities, tendencies, learning styles, and communication preferences;
- Practice a habit of giving one another immediate feedback when there are attitudinal misunderstandings, work-related disagreements, and teamwork issues in an open, sincere, and systematic way;
- Critique the people and process aspects of effective communication in the workplace to spot the gaps and think of a solution to bridge them;
- Appreciate and promote a culture where co-workers manage to collaborate and complement one another despite diversity;
- To communicate recommendations, constructive feedback, and creative ideas without offending others or sacrificing working relationships;
- Promote healthy and friendly competition that gives importance to organizational synergy and human interdependence.
MODULE 1: COMMUNICATION MODEL
This interactive discussion gives the participants a refresher on the basic communication model that shows who and what are involved in effective communication and how each component contributes to both positive and negative repercussions when it does not function correctly.
With the aid of the facilitator, participants will be able to spot who or what is at fault as far as the issues or challenges of effective communication in the workplace are concerned. By knowing these areas of opportunities, they can suggest solutions to resolve conflicts.
- Workshop: ‘HERO OR VILLAIN?’
- Communicative Engagement or Feedback Systems
- Open Forums and the like
MODULE 2: BARRIERS TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
MODULE 3: BENEFITS OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
MODULE 4: INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES
An interactive discussion about learning styles, communication preferences, and cultural diversity will explain to the participants that people with differences can thrive together and can still achieve personal goals.
The participants will know, understand, appreciate, and apply how to communicate with and treat other people with reference to learning styles, communication preferences, and cultural diversity.
- Learning Styles
- Communication Preferences
- Cultural/Background Differences
MODULE 5: ASSERTIVENESS
This combination of interactive discussion and immediate application exercises will show how verbal communication thru positive scripting and delivery and non-verbal communication in the form of facial expressions, body language, and gestures positively and negatively affect communication among people and groups.
This highlight of the training will train the participants on how to look, move, speak, sound, and behave appropriately so as not to be misunderstood by other people and so as to convey their message accurately and ethically. On the other hand, it will also help them understand other people more and be sensitive about their feelings, thoughts, and personalities using their verbal and non-verbal signals.
- Positive Framing
- Facial Expressions
- Body Language
- Hand Gestures
MODULE 6: PROMOTING A CULTURE OF COMMUNICATION, COLLABORATION, AND SENSE OF OWNERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY
To provide a one-day EnterTRAINment, the learning experience shall make use of the following:
- Interactive discussions
- Immediate application exercises and activities
- Objectives-related/oriented icebreakers and energizers
- Media usage (videos, etc.)
- Case studies
- EnterTRAINment at its BEST!